I'm a startup guy. I'm betting that doesn't mean much to most folk here. But, it essentially means I figure out ways to turn projects and inventions into flourishing companies. Creating a startup is the bridge between a hobby and a legacy - one of a handful of ways to turn what you do into something that will last the test of time.
I started my career as a music producer and touring musician - performing at major and minor festivals including Reading, Leeds, Isle of White etc. But after heading to MIT in 2008 for a Ph.D in Computational Physics, my creative passions turned to creating startups.
Since building my first creative company (Libboo), I gained some small notoriety in magazines & Channels such as Entrepreneur, Techcrunch, The Next Web, The BBC etc etc and used that platform to help other creatives turn their skills into creative startups.
Now, I am the CEO & Co-founder of The Rattle - the world's largest collective of startup-minded culture makers to help kickstart a cultural renaissance.
Other 'strings in my bow' include:
- Adjunct Prof. of Entrepreneurship @ Hult INternational Business School
- Entrepreneur in Residence @ Exeter University
- Entrepreneur in Residence @ MIT's Global Startup Workshop
- Former Entrepreneur in Residence @ Techstars
- Former Adjunct Prof. of Technology Entrepreneurship @ University College London
- Former Teaching Fellow @ Harvard University
I'm offering to help coach the startup mindset to creatives that need support in thinking out the box. I appreciate times are tight - so it's a pay-what-you-can listing. Although the coaching varies widely and tailored to the individual, subjects can cover:
- Monetising art
- Finding finance for artistic startups
- Logistics & Team Building
- Investor & Board management
- Digging for the thing someone might pay for in your work